I have been slowly remodeling my home to bring it up to a more modern look. This is a long process, both because of time and money constraints. Less involved than the famous Great Wall of Ryan project, I just completed the Informal Dining Room. Here is a list of things we did, with before and after pictures below.
- Took all the wallpaper off. It was floor to ceiling before, with a dark blue on the bottom and an ivory with small blue flowers on top.
- Removed popcorn from the ceiling.
- Removed styrofoam medallion from the ceiling relief and styrofoam crown modeling from that same area.
- Re-stained the chair-rails, doorways, and baseboards to match what we did last year in the living room. It was a honey-oak color, and now is a Red Mahogany.
- Painted the walls to match the living room paint scheme.
- Painted the ceiling relief top a deep red color for contrast and depth.
Click on an image to enlarge